Wednesday, June 18, 2008

blogging

Well, after being asked several times about doing a blog, here it goes! I have been thinking about my desire for people to be open to the moving and filling of the Spirit of God in their lives. I really believe that there is just so much junk we are all dealing with that it is very difficult to hear the still small voice of God, over all of the noise of the world. Our confusion, guilt, sorrow, shame, greed, indolence, fear, lack of faith, and so many other things crowds out the Word of God and causes it to fail to bear fruit in our lives. I am asking the Lord daily to fill me with His Spirit, because I want to not only start well, run well, but I especially want to finish well. I recently read of two evangelists who both started their "ministries" when Billy Graham began his. All of the people at that time felt that, in comparison to the other two, Billy Graham was the least possible to succeed at his mission. To make a long story short, one of the evangelists renounced his faith, and the other died an alcoholic while in his mid-30's. They all started out well, but Billy is remembered for finishing well. I want to finish well, also, so with the power of the Spirit and a determination to bring glory to Jesus, I have asked Him to give me strength to finish well. I pray this is true for you, too!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Pastor David - My daughter Rachael Dobyns finished well this week on June 24. At 27 years of age, she has gone to heaven as a true and pure bride of Christ. She had a malignant brain tumor at 16, when we lived in and worshipped at CCCV. She said she wouldn't wish it on anyone and would not change it for the world. You see, the trails brought her to an intimate fellowship with Christ. Every single person that knew her has used the words 'sweetest spirit' in describing her. You see, our Christ, her Abba, shone through her. I know she can dance, hear completely, remember and kneel down, for the first time in 11 years. I'll miss her every breath of my life. I can't wait to be reunited with her. Thank you for your teaching that helped us through that time and brought Rachael into the place that I fully trust she heard those coveted words, "well done..." God Bless You. Donna Richmond now of Owasso, Ok.