Sunday, July 12, 2009

what is in our future

Well, tomorrow Marie and I will finish our time with the 1835 group, but I must say it has been fun and quite a blessing for us. We love that particular age group for several reasons: our own children are within that group, many decisions await people at that age, and the fact is, Marie and I won't be around that much longer so I want to do what I can to keep the fire going in these young hearts. We have a burden for people in general, but have a special love and concern for this age group in particular. Out of that age group (I would assume), the next Calvary Chapel Chino Valley senior pastor will come. Now, before any of you begin hoping it is soon, no, I don't think that it is that close to happening! Still, the reality is that we are getting on in age and it won't be that long until I hand over the church to someone with vision and energy (not to mention maturity, faith, love, etc) who will take the people further in to the things of God. With that in mind, I do what I do with the hope of reaching some who will be used mightily of the Lord.
We will continue a Monday night study, and I will be handing the teaching over to Michael Callahan, Mike Callahan's youngest son. Michael is a thoughtful young man, and it is my hope and prayer that he will be able to connect with the group. We will divide the age group in to 18-25 and will begin a 26-35 group in the near future. I am also looking to start a Spanish language Sunday morning study, but am looking for people who can lead worship in Spanish, not an easy thing to do!
Oh well, time to finish this post! Hope to see some of you tomorrow!

2 comments:

:corinne: said...

I've heard such great things about this study. I know my Bro and SIL are loving it. I hate you talking about you and Marie not being around...can't stand the thought...although I know what you're saying. Time goes on doesn't it? Well Mikey is a fine gentlemen. He and Sara are so sweet. Looking forward to see what he does with the Monday night study.

Alicia said...

RE:Still, the reality is that we are getting on in age and it won't be that long until I hand over the church to someone with vision and energy.
....isn't Pastor Chuck 82?
That still leaves you a few more years!
: )